Not working? Install DevalVR, QT or Flash  polski English RSS feedFollow us on TwitterFollow me on Pinterest
Search in panoramas:
»
The Gothic church of the Assumption of Virgin Mary in Kłodzko. 
Click to view this panorama in new fullscreen window
The Gothic church of the Assumption of Virgin Mary in Kłodzko.
• Added to the gallery on File size: 4.9 MBViews: 4343 (#1579)
The church of the Assumption of Virgin Mary, KłodzkoThe church of the Assumption of Virgin Mary, KłodzkoThe church of the Assumption of Virgin Mary, KłodzkoThe church of the Assumption of Virgin Mary, KłodzkoThe church of the Assumption of Virgin Mary, KłodzkoThe church of the Assumption of Virgin Mary, KłodzkoThe church of the Assumption of Virgin Mary, KłodzkoPlac Kościelny, KłodzkoThe church of the Assumption of Virgin Mary, Kłodzko
Night by the side of the Gothic church of St. Elizabeth in Wrocław. 
Click to view this panorama in new fullscreen window
Night by the side of the Gothic church of St. Elizabeth in Wrocław.
• Added to the gallery on File size: 2.4 MBViews: 8631 (#271)
Inside the Gothic church of St. Barbara in Kutná Hora in the Czech Republic. 
Click to view this panorama in new fullscreen window
Inside the Gothic church of St. Barbara in Kutná Hora in the Czech Republic.

"Saint Barbara Church (often incorrectly Saint Barbara Cathedral, Czech: Chrám svaté Barbory) in Kutná Hora (Bohemia) is one of the most famous Gothic churches in central Europe and it is a UNESCO world heritage site. St Barbara is the patron saint of miners (among others), which was highly appropriate for a town whose wealth was based entirely upon its silver mines.
Construction began in 1388, but because work on the church was interrupted several times, it was not completed until 1905. The first architect was probably Johann Parler, son of Peter Parler, but studies say that Peter Parler had participated at least as a co-author of the draft design. Work on the building was interrupted for more than 60 years during the Hussite Wars and when work resumed in 1482, Matěj Rejsek and Benedikt Rejt, two architects from Prague, assumed responsibility.
The original design was for a much larger church, perhaps twice the size of the present building. Construction, however, depended on the prosperity of the town's silver mines, which became much less productive. So, in 1588, the incomplete structure was enclosed by a provisional wall until 1884 and the roof was unfinished until the 19th century.
The outside appearance is fascinating. Originally there were eight radial chapels with trapezoidal interiors. Later on, the choir was constructed, supported by double-arched flying buttresses.
Internal points of note are the glass windows, altars, pulpits and choir stalls. Medieval frescoes depicting the secular life of the medieval mining town and religious themes have been partially preserved." (Text from Wikipedia).
• Added to the gallery on File size: 3.8 MBViews: 5239 (#1075)
Inside St. Barbara's church in Kutná HoraInside St. Barbara's church in Kutná HoraInside St. Barbara's church in Kutná HoraInside St. Barbara's church in Kutná HoraInside St. Barbara's church in Kutná HoraInside St. Barbara's church in Kutná HoraInside St. Barbara's church in Kutná HoraInside St. Barbara's church in Kutná HoraInside St. Barbara's church in Kutná HoraInside St. Barbara's church in Kutná HoraInside St. Barbara's church in Kutná HoraInside St. Barbara's church in Kutná HoraInside St. Barbara's church in Kutná HoraInside St. Barbara's church in Kutná Hora
Kamenný dům ("Stone House") is a beautiful late-Gothic house in Kutná Hora in the Czech Republic. 
Click to view this panorama in new fullscreen window
Kamenný dům ("Stone House") is a beautiful late-Gothic house in Kutná Hora in the Czech Republic.

"Kamenný dům is one of the greatest gothic monuments in Bohemia. It is great not only thanks to its age, but also thanks to the fact that it bears signs of a lifestyle of that day´s man. It resembles one special characteristic of local people by its decoration and uniquity – strain between „lower‶ values and Christian beliefs.

Originally the house was owned by a butcher family of Kroupa and stood on a town´s square. Some Martin married Kroupa´s daughter and took his father´s-in-law name. Probably he got rich by his enterpreneurship in mines and by the marriage he wanted to improve his position. He wanted to be succesful and he had prepositions for it. For 30 years he worked as a high official and he had some private enterpreneurships besides his official work. [...] in 1499 he was given aristocratic title. He then had to decorate his house according to his new societal status. He ordered stone mason Briccí to do the work. The decoration of the house does not differ from a temple-like decoration. We may see a picture of the first sin and its redemption on the coat of arms. He wanted to present himself as a religious man, however this could have been true. In the interior we may see a private chapel, hidden from the public eyes, where Kroupa prayed. Maybe he prayed to Madonna to forgive his sins...

The house changed owners oftenly after Kroupa´s death and one had seriously damaged it in 1839. His name was Josef Krčan, he let Madonna be put away and then he put some senseless decorations on the walls. Restorers fortunately put the house to its former state and now we can see it how it looked in the past. Exposition showing you artistic crafts made since 15th century till 19th Century and insight to the medieval cuisine is awaiting you in Kamenný dům." (Text taken from http://www.kutna-hora.net/en/stony-house.php" TARGET="_blank">www.kutna-hora.net).

• Added to the gallery on File size: 3.1 MBViews: 3999 (#1743)
The 15th-century Gothic fountain on Rejskovo náměstí in Kutná Hora in the Czech Republic. 
Click to view this panorama in new fullscreen window
The 15th-century Gothic fountain on Rejskovo náměstí in Kutná Hora in the Czech Republic.

The Stone Fountain was built in 1493 by Matěj Rejsek, known as the designer of Prašná brána in Prague. Water to fill it was flowing through wooden tubes from a spring four kilometres away; it was still in use in the 19th century.
• Added to the gallery on File size: 3.8 MBViews: 3910 (#1784)
A relief with two knights on a wall of a house in Kutná Hora
Page
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Locate all panoramas
Contact
Interested?
Mail me at
panoramy@zbooy.pl
Last comment
Thursday, Nov 2, 2017: On the walls of Palácio da Pena in Sintra, Portugal
Palácio da Pena
Czy to już jest koniec? :( (widz)
© Szymon "Zbooy" Madej
2005–2017