Not working? Install DevalVR, QT or Flash  polski English RSS feedFollow us on TwitterFollow me on Pinterest
Search in panoramas:
»
The first courtyard of the 14th-century castle in Bouzov, Czech Republic. 
Click to view this panorama in new fullscreen window
The first courtyard of the 14th-century castle in Bouzov, Czech Republic.
• Added to the gallery on File size: 4.2 MBViews: 2904 (#2126)
The Bouzov CastleThe Bouzov CastleThe Bouzov CastleThe Bouzov CastleThe Bouzov Castle
On the courtyard of the Old Town Hall in Bratislava. 
Click to view this panorama in new fullscreen window
On the courtyard of the Old Town Hall in Bratislava.

The oldest town hall in Slovakia and one of the most ancient stone buildings in Bratislava is located between the Main Square and the Primate's Square. It was erected in Gothic style in 15th century by joining a few adjacent buildings. It had been used as a town hall until the late 19th century and now it hosts the Bratislava City Museum.
• Added to the gallery on File size: 2.9 MBViews: 5349 (#1030)
A detail from the courtyard of the Old Town Hall in BratislavaA detail from the courtyard of the Old Town Hall in BratislavaA detail from the courtyard of the Old Town Hall in BratislavaA detail from the courtyard of the Old Town Hall in BratislavaA detail from the courtyard of the Old Town Hall in BratislavaA detail from the courtyard of the Old Town Hall in Bratislava
The renovated Radziwiłł Castle in Nesvizh, Belarus. 
Click to view this panorama in new fullscreen window
The renovated Radziwiłł Castle in Nesvizh, Belarus.
• Added to the gallery on File size: 2.9 MBViews: 2340 (#2362)
The Nesvizh CastleThe Nesvizh CastleThe Nesvizh CastleThe Nesvizh CastleThe Nesvizh CastleThe Nesvizh CastleThe Nesvizh CastleThe Nesvizh CastleThe Nesvizh CastleThe Nesvizh Castle
The Mirsky Castle Complex (Belarusian: Mірскі замак), a UNESCO World Heritage site in Belarus, located in the town of Mir in the Karelichy District. 
Click to view this panorama in new fullscreen window
The Mirsky Castle Complex (Belarusian: Mірскі замак), a UNESCO World Heritage site in Belarus, located in the town of Mir in the Karelichy District.

The construction of the castle began at the end of the 15th century, in the Gothic architecture style. Building of the castle was completed by Duke Ilinich in the early 16th century near village Mir (formerly of Minsk guberniya). Around 1568 the Mir Castle passed into the hands of Mikołaj Krzysztof "the Orphan" Radziwiłł, who finished building the castle in the Renaissance style. A three-storey palace was built along the eastern and northern walls of the castle. Plastered facades were decorated with limestone portals, plates, balconies and porches.

After being abandoned for nearly a century and suffering severe damage during the Napoleonic period, the castle was restored at the end of the 19th century. In 1813, after the death of Dominik Hieronim Radziwiłł, the castle passed into the hands of his daughter Stefania, who married Ludwig zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg. The castle later fell into the hands of their daughter Maria, who married Prince Chlodwig Hohenlohe-Schillingsfürst.

Their son, Maurice Hohenlohe-Schillingsfürst sold the castle to Nikolai Sviatopolk-Mirski, of the Bialynia clan, in 1895. Nikolaj's son Michail began to rebuild the castle according to the plans of architect Teodor Bursze. The Sviatopolk-Mirski family owned the castle up to 1939.

During World War II, it came under the dominion of the Nazi occupying force and served as a ghetto for the local Jewish population prior to their liquidation. Between 1944 and 1956, the castle was used as a housing facility, which partially damaged the castle's interior. (Text from Wikipedia).

• Added to the gallery on File size: 2.8 MBViews: 1932 (#2528)
In front of the Mir CastleThe Mir Castle Tower
The crowded courtyard of the Casa di Giulietta, the Juliet's House, in Verona, Italy. 
Click to view this panorama in new fullscreen window
The crowded courtyard of the Casa di Giulietta, the Juliet's House, in Verona, Italy.

"Supposedly the location of the famous balcony love scene from Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. The house is a major destination for tourist pilgrimage, as the tiny courtyard is normally packed with lovestruck teenagers photographing each other on the famous balcony. In fact, the house has no connection with Shakespeare's fictional characters - although the house is old, the balcony was added in 1936 and declared to be "Juliet's house" to attract tourists. You can visit the house itself (€4 entry) - it contains a sparse collection of Renaissance frescos rescued from other demolished palaces, and the bed from Zeffirelli's 1968 movie, but not a lot more.

The balcony overlooks a tiny courtyard containing a statue of Juliet. There is an unbelievable amount of graffiti and general scrawling on the walls, floor, seats, anything that will hold ink - there is a tradition of writing love messages to Juliet, and visitors leave notes, trinkets and bits of chewing gum fashioned into love hearts. Juliet's house is a popular romantic shrine, but its popularity belies its value; compared to some of the treasures around Verona, Juliet's house has very little to offer." (Wikitravel Verona city guide).

• Added to the gallery on File size: 4.3 MBViews: 3860 (#1816)
Juliet's House, VeronaJuliet's House, Verona
Page
1 2 3 4
Locate all panoramas
Contact
Interested?
Mail me at
panoramy@zbooy.pl
Last comment
Thursday, Nov 2, 2017: On the walls of Palácio da Pena in Sintra, Portugal
Palácio da Pena
Czy to już jest koniec? :( (widz)
© Szymon "Zbooy" Madej
2005–2017